Well hello there readers! Those of you that are left that is 🙂 As my views per day have plummeted from 200 to about 20, it was probably no surprise that when I logged in this morning I had troubles remembering my username and password….
But here I am:
I feel obligated to explain my multitude of excuses for abandoning my blog posts this month…but the truth is I haven’t been too consistent since the turn of the new year and this month of was just a busy part of my life, so something had to give. Here’s some of the highlights:
1. Hell-ish Rotation: As you know, I am finishing up pharmacy school. This year is monthly practicums at different pharmacy sites. Generally they are all pretty manageable with some take-home projects here and there. March, not so much. I spent the month giving presentations with feedback as follows: this slide is dead to me, this slide does nothing for me, i am embarrassed for you, you need to get your act together. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of “constructive criticisms” but I can guarantee you that these were NOT. But after many tearful trips to the bathroom and countless revisions of all my presentations, I survived.
2. Plants vs. Zombies: My friend Carly stayed a couple weeks at our house this month. I showed her my new obsession, Plants vs. Zombies, and soon-after it was her obsession too.
As a “gamer wife” I have really never liked videogames enough to spend much time on them since I spend most of my time trying to get my husband away from them. This game changed that. It’s a pretty simple concept….zombies coming to “eat your brains” so you plant different plants to fire peas, cabbages, ect to kill them before they storm your house. I own this game on 4 consoles (ps3, xbox, ds, and pc) and have beat it 3 times. Much of last month (when I wasn’t having panic attacks over my rotation…) was spent drinking wine and playing this game with Carly.
3. Beading: I have re-captured my love for beading. I was into stamps for a while, and before that scrapbooking but the beading is ON. It all started with the seed-bead spiral weaving I learned from my friend, Linh. See my first tutorial HERE. Well I finished it!!!
Here is a terrible-quality photo from my camera….but you get the picture. Took me about 12 hours to finish this. I pick up each bead with a needle and weaved it into this beautiful lariat necklace. I am starting on my 3rd one this week! Definitely not a drink-and-craft kind of activity, but for me it’s almost like yoga….you come out of your body and focus on the beads (meh a stretch, i never really got yoga). It has been very relaxing for me to exert my creative juices on beading! Tutorial completion to come….
4. The Boys: Yep the dogs are still alive and kickin. I haven’t wrote many stories about them lately but there are certainly plenty to tell.
Can’t live (peacefully) with them but I certainly wouldn’t want to be without them. Trying to spend more time exercising them to avoid destructive disasters. Despite daily walks, no success…..thoughts?
5. Sister in Seattle: My little sister is back for another visit! She is on Spring Break and decided to stay with me for a whole WEEK. I have really come to appreciate our relationship over the past couple years and I think we are really becoming best friends rather than me trying to be her mother, which is VERY hard for a control-freak like me 🙂
I blog because I love to share my stories of crafts, cocktails, and canines, so if I drop of the face of the earth for a month you can guess what I’ve been up to 🙂 Anyways, here’s what’s been keeping me busy!
Got some new crafts and cocktails coming your way soon so thanks for reading!!